Gov. Greg Abbott loosened restrictions on certain businesses as part of an effort to reopen the Texas economy. Here are some of the latest restrictions:
- Limited to 10 participants.
- First Amendment groups are limited to ten people at this time, and all participants will be required to separate into groups with 10 or less, provided the groups are in different areas of the city.
- Face coverings are required when around others who are not a member of your household and social distancing is not possible, unless an exemption from GA-29 applies.
- Exemptions: Religious services and youth and adult recreational sports. (See Sporting Events and Recreational Facilities section below.)
- Waivers can be requested. See the link at the bottom of this list.
Indoor events and Retail
- Some entities are limited to 75% of the facilities normal capacity. This includes non-CISA retail establishments, gyms, museums, libraries office buildings and manufacturers.
- Other businesses have no occupancy limit, but must maintain 6 feet of social distancing between work stations: cosmetology salons, hair salons, barber shops, nail salons, massage establishments, tanning salons, tattoo studios, piercing studios, hair removal services and hair loss treatment and growth services.
- All organizations should follow reopening protocols at Open.Texas.gov.
- Limited to 50% capacity.
- Bars can sell food and drink via drive-thru, pick-up, or delivery as allowed by TABC.
- No occupancy limit for outdoor areas.
Sporting events and recreational facilities
- Limited to 50% occupancy at all indoor and outdoor professional, collegiate and similar sporting events, including rodeos and equestrian events, are limited to 50% occupancy..
- No occupancy limit for youth camps and recreational sports programs for youth and adults.
No occupancy limits for the following:
- CISA services
- Religious services
- Local government operations
- Child care
- Youth camps
- Recreation sports for youth and adults
- Public or Private schools and institutions of higher education
- Drive-in concerts, movies or events where the participants primarily remain in their vehicles.
- The following that have at least 6 feet of social distancing between work stations: salons, nail places, massage establishments, other personal care and beauty services.
Residents should continue to practice safe habits including:
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Wash hands.
- Social distance.
- Wear a mask.