Leann Guzman has been with the Fort Worth City Attorney’s Office since March 2004. Leann began her career with the City in the Prosecutor’s Office. In June 2005, she moved into the Transactional Division and, since that time, has given advice to city council, city boards and commissions and city staff on a variety of issues. Leann was promoted to Section Chief of the Real Estate & City Facilities Section in 2013, where she supervised 13 attorneys who were responsible for a wide range of matters including affordable housing developments, aviation, construction, and real estate matters. During that time, she also performed as the City’s primary real estate and emergency management counsel and General Counsel for the Fort Worth Local Development Corporation. In August 2020, she was promoted to Deputy City Attorney of the Transactional Division, overseeing the work of 17 attorneys who advised on the day-to-day operations of the City, its boards, commissions, and affiliated corporations. In May 2022, Leann was selected by City Council through a nationwide search to be City Attorney.
During her tenure Leann has lead or worked on projects such as redistricting following the 2020 Census, acquisition of the new city hall building, and COVID-19 pandemic matters, and she served as general counsel for the Central City Local Government Corporation and Fort Worth Local Development Corporation, which assist the City in important economic development endeavors.
Leann has established several programs in the City Attorney’s Office to enhance diversity and efficiency, including a process to improve applicant diversity, an onboarding program, and an efficiency committee led by a Lean Six Sigma-trained attorney.
- J.D. – University of Texas at Austin (2001)
- B.A. (Political Science) – University of Texas at Arlington (1998)
Licenses, Certifications, and Awards
- Licensed by the State Bar of Texas, November 2001
- Texas City Attorney Association Civil Law Certification, 2018
- International Municipal Lawyer’s Association Fellow, Class of 2019
- Top Attorney in Government Law, 360 West Magazine, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Leadership Fort Worth, Class of 2020
- International City/County Management Association Leadership Academy Graduate, 2021
Affiliations & Activities
- Member, Government Lawyers Section, State Bar of Texas
- Member, International Municipal Lawyers Association
- Member, Texas City Attorneys Association
- Member, Tarrant County Bar Association
- Member and Founder, North Texas Municipal Attorneys
Before joining the City, Leann earned a B.A. degree in Political Science from the University of Texas at Arlington and her J.D. at University of Texas at Austin. She was licensed to practice law in 2001 and was in private practice before coming to the City.
Email Leann Guzman