Sarah J. Fullenwider
Sarah Fullenwider has been employed with the City Attorney’s Office since 1997. After serving as a Prosecutor, she was promoted to Assistant City Attorney and then Sr. Assistant City Attorney, primarily as a parliamentarian and legal advisor to the City’s Planning and Development Department and the planning and development boards and commissions; chief legal advisor on natural gas drilling regulations, land use, alcohol issues, annexation and vested rights issues, subdivision and plats, regulation of adult businesses and First Amendment issues. Ms. Fullenwider authored the City’s first gas drilling ordinance in 2001, and chaired gas drilling task forces in 2001, 2006 and 2008. Prior to moving to Texas, she practiced criminal defense and real estate law in North Carolina.
In January of 2011, Ms. Fullenwider was appointed City Attorney and oversees 34 attorneys and 12 support staff.
Education and Bar Admissions
- Pfeiffer College, North Carolina, Bachelor of Arts, Biology — 1977
- Wake Forest University School of Law, North Carolina, Juris Doctor — 1989
- Admitted to North Carolina State Bar, License Number 16632 — 1989
- Admitted to United States District Court, Middle District of N. C. — 1989
- Admitted to Texas State Bar, License Number 24001011 — 1997
- Member, Texas State Bar Association
- Member, Tarrant County Bar Association
- Member, North Carolina State Bar Association
Email Sarah J. Fullenwider