On November 17, 2015, the Fort Worth City Council approved a resolution to create an Animal Shelter Task Force, an independent body of experts that will look into the operations of the Fort Worth Animal Shelter.
The task force has reviewed operations and adherence of procedures and laws from December and March. A final report was presented during the Pre-Council Work Session March 22, 2016, and City Council will consider a resolution to accept the report at its meeting April 5, schedule for 7 p.m.
The task force was comprised of:
- Charles Daniels, former Fort Worth and Dallas assistant city manager
- Max Dow, director of Texas Animal Health Commission Region 3
- James Bias, president of SPCA of Texas
- Dustin Deel, director of the Weatherford-Parker County Animal Shelter
- Patrice Randle, city auditor and a non-voting member.