The Environmental Collection Center (ECC) is open to Fort Worth residents and participating cities. If your area does not participate, call your local officials let them know that you want your area to become involved in the program.
Proof of residence (current water bill or valid driver's license) is required to use the ECC. Some entities require their residents to obtain a voucher prior to using the center. Check with your local officials for voucher requirements before bringing waste to the ECC.
The ECC is for residential waste disposal and recycling only. Commercial, business or industrial waste cannot be accepted under Texas regulations.
Waste Handling Instructions
- Leave products in original, marked containers (no trash bags). If unlabeled, please label contents clearly.
- Place leaking containers in a second container of like material (glass for corrosives, metal for flammables).
- Place items securely in the trunk of the car or bed of pickup.
- Remain in vehicle and allow staff to unload waste.
A Help-Yourself-Shelf is available at the ECC. Chemicals, cleaners, and paint in like new condition are offered free of charge. If you have a product that is still usable, give it to someone who can use it instead of bringing it for disposal.
Mobile collection events are held in Fort Worth and participating entities throughout the year.
For more information on what is accepted at the center, see the Household Hazardous Waste page.
Accepted waste quantities
- Automotive fluids: 10 gallons
- Cleaning chemicals: 10 gallons
- Cooking oil: 10 gallons
- Lawn/garden/pool chemicals: 20 gallons
- Light bulbs: 20 bulbs
- Paint and painting supplies: 30 gallons