Electrified fences are permitted and regulated by Article 696(PDF, 488KB) of the City of Fort Worth's 2017 Amended Electrical Code if they are:
- Containing more than two energized strands.
- Having a minimum height of more than 24” (inches) from the ground to the highest strand.
All Electrified fences are permitted by right in accordance with requirements laid out in the Article 696(PDF, 488KB).(PDF, 488KB)
- Electrical permit for the electrified fence strands
- Building permit for the required protective barrier.
- Access Control permit from Fort Worth Fire Department for required key switch.
- Electrified fences installed after Feb. 13, 2012, must be registered and renew annually.
- Protective Barrier will be re-inspected as part of annual registration.
Electrified Fence Certification Letter(PDF, 279KB)
Electrified Fence Registration Packet and Information(PDF, 377KB)