Beck School of Construction - Fort Worth
The City of Fort Worth and The Beck Group, the integrated architecture and construction firm, are launching a new construction program for Minority Business Enterprises (MBEs) called The Beck School of Construction Fort Worth.
About the school
Classes will start on Thursday, Feb. 18, 2021, and will be held from 4-6 p.m. in Fort Worth.
Program participants will be required to attend virtual or in-person class sessions over a period of nine months to graduate from the program.
Classes are Thursday evenings, one evening per month, February through October. Class 1: Thursday, Feb. 18 - Program Introduction + Marketing and Business Development
- Class 2: Thursday, March 18 - Bids and Proposals
- Class 3: Thursday, April 20 - Preconstruction, Estimating, Scheduling and Logistics
- Class 4: Thursday, May 20 - Bonding and Insurance
- Class 5: Thursday, June 17 - Accounting
- Class 6: Thursday, July 15 - Prefabrication 101 at Factory Blue, 4395 Diplomacy Road, Fort Worth, TX 76104
- Class 7: Thursday, Aug. 19 - Project Management
- Class 8: Thursday, Sep. 16 - Jobsite Visit (Location to be determined)
- Class 9: Thursday, Oct. 14 - Safety
- Graduation: To be determined. - Fort Worth City Hall, 200 Texas St.
Applications for the program will be accepted until Jan. 24, 2021.
- Business must be certified as a Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) by the Dallas/Fort Worth Minority Supplier Development Council (DFWMSDC) or the North Central Texas Regional Certification Agency (NCTRCA).
- The business must have been in operation for one to ten years and have an annual gross revenue of $100,000 or more.
- Business must provide construction services or construction-related services.
- Business must be located within the area's six-county marketplace: Tarrant, Dallas, Denton, Johnson, Parker and Wise counties.
- Applicants must submit a completed application by the deadline of 5 p.m. January 24, 2021.
For more information about the Beck School of Construction, contact the Business Equity Division or call (817) 392-2674.