How to Start a Trucking Business and Grow It To Success
The transportation industry is enormous, grossing nearly $1 trillion dollars annually. However, trucking counts for three quarters of that amount.
In this workshop, participants will learn the ins and outs of the trucking industry; mostly how to get started and how to grow the business with ease.
- Getting started and understanding formation.
- Building your personal and business credit.
- Securing financing for your business.
- Understanding federal contracting.
- Getting your small business certifications.
- Drafting your capability statement for contraction.
- How to purchase your truck and what to look for.
- Dealing with carriers.
- Do you need an authority?
- Financial statement basics and accounting.
- Finding opportunities and working with brokers.
- Safety and compliance.
- Hiring employees.
- Drafting a business plan.
Presented by Tim Jacquet
Tim Jacquet is a certified SCORE mentor and volunteer. He has been working with business development for 35 years. He has expertise in non-profit organizations, start-ups, small business financing and government contracting. He is the Chief Operation Officer for Apple Capital Group, Inc., and the host of The Core Business Show.
Saturday, March 20, 2021 | 09:00 AM
- 12:00 PM
This event will be held online.