In the spirit of Martin Luther King, Jr., we invite you to write a poem or create visual art on the theme of social transformation. Base your work on a quote or speech by Martin Luther King, Jr. All work must be original, written or created by the person submitting.
Criteria for submission:
- Participants must be age 18 or under
- All work must be original, created by the submitting participant
- Must include quote or speech by Martin Luther King Jr. that inspired the work
- All work must include an entry form
- One entry per person
- Art Work: Any art medium, 2D, no bigger than 20”x20”
- Poetry: No more than 200 words, typed or written legibly
- All entries should be brought to or electronically sent to the Reby Cary Youth Library by Saturday, January 15 before 6 p.m (Submissions after this time will not be considered)
Electronic submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Work will be judged based on age group and submission type
- All submissions will be judged on its creativity, uniqueness, originality, and the relevance of the theme
A ceremony will be held for poetry winners to read their work and visual art will be displayed in the library. Prizes will be given to first place winners of each age group and submission type.
- All submissions will be due January 15
- Winner will be notified by January 19
- A special ceremony to recognize winners will happen January 22 at 2 p.m.