Free financial empowerment workshops available in May
Published on April 20, 2021
The City of Fort Worth’s Financial Empowerment Program is partnering with Frost Bank to offer a series of financial wellness webinars in May. Workshops are free, but registration is required to receive a Zoom webinar link.
Improve your financial knowledge by learning something new 11 a.m. to noon every Tuesday in May. Workshop topics include:
May 4 - Banking Basics
- Define common terms related to financial institutions and types of accounts.
- Compare different types of bank accounts and the risks and benefits of each.
- Explain key ways to protect financial accounts and personal information.
May 11 - Budgeting
- Explore the importance of creating and maintaining a budget.
- Examine the differences between wants and needs.
- Set goals for spending, saving and debt repayment.
May 18 - Credit Scores and Reports
- Know the importance of credit scores and reports.
- Learn how to access information about your credit scores.
- Discuss strategies to build and improve your credit.
- Identify how to protect credit from incorrect claims and fraud.
May 25 - Identity Theft
- Learn how to identify signs and types of identity theft and fraud.
- Identify strategies to protect yourself from identity theft and fraud.
- Review laws and regulations that help protect consumers.
View additional financial resources.
Get articles like this in your inbox. Subscribe to City News.