April is Sprinkler Spruce-Up Month
Published on April 01, 2021
April is Sprinkler Spruce-Up Month —time to learn how to inspect, connect, direct and select your way to more efficient sprinkler system use to save water and money this summer.
Attend a virtual Turf Irrigation and Maintenance water saving seminar on April 8 or a virtual Irrigation 101 workshop on April 13 to find out what you need to do to get your sprinkler system ready to go.
It is also time for a reminder that the City of Fort Worth conservation ordinance limits outdoor water use all year long.
- No watering from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. except by handheld hose, drip irrigation or soaker hose.
- No use of any type sprinkler system on Mondays.
- Commercial customers, including multi-family residences, may water on Tuesday and Friday.
- Residential addresses ending in 0, 2, 4, 6 or 8 may water on Wednesday and Saturday.
- Residential addresses ending in 1, 3, 5, 7 or 9 may water on Thursday and Sunday.
Twice-a-week watering is the maximum — you may not need to water as frequently. Sign up for the Weekly Watering Advice for a text or email with localized watering recommendations for each week.
Visit SaveFortWorthWater to sign up for classes and learn more. Follow us on Facebook in English and Spanish to get more Sprinkler Spruce-Up tips and tricks all month long.
Get articles like this in your inbox. Subscribe to City News.