Hey, Horned Frogs! Check out these good-neighbor tips
Published on September 02, 2022
With all the hustle and bustle in the TCU neighborhood, it must mean another school year has begun.
Neighbor to Neighbor: TCU Edition serves as a resource to help students understand the responsibilities of being respectful, considerate neighbors and community members. The program informs students about their responsibilities as a resident of Fort Worth and provides resources that allow all neighbors to live and experience Fort Worth in a safe, comfortable manner.
The Neighbor to Neighbor program is a partnership with the City of Fort Worth to ensure a strong relationship between students and off-campus neighbors. View a video to learn more about the partnership.
Good neighbor tips
Follow these rules to keep your neighborhood clean and safe:
Excessive or illegal parking. Vehicles can be parked on any public street unless otherwise prohibited by official signage. Long-term storage of vehicles on a public street is prohibited. Never block driveways or fire hydrants when parking on a public street, and never park over a sidewalk, crosswalk or in an intersection.
Noise violations. Unreasonable or excessive noise, like rowdy, outdoor conversation and loud music, can disrupt the peace of your neighborhood, especially if the noise occurs during late-night hours. Maximum sound levels for residential properties are set as:
- Daytime, 7 a.m.-10 p.m.: 70 decibels (equivalent to a running vacuum cleaner).
- Nighttime, 10 p.m.-7 a.m.: 60 decibels (equivalent to a normal conversation).
Trash and litter control. All residents, owners and renters are responsible for the upkeep and cleanliness of their property. Exterior and interior portions of the property must be clean and free of debris. Trash and debris must be securely contained in city-issued receptacles:
- Garbage and household waste must be stored in plastic bags and placed in the brown garbage cart.
- Recyclable items should be empty, clean and dry before they go unbagged into the blue recycle cart. Plastic bags, clothes hangers and Styrofoam cannot be recycled in the blue cart.
- Carts should be placed at the curb after 6 p.m. the night before your pickup day and should be retrieved from the curb by midnight on your pickup day. Garbage and recycle pickup occurs once a week. Call 817-392-1234 to find out your designated day.
To learn more, contact the City of Fort Worth Community Engagement Office at 817-392-6201.