Deferred Disposition (Probation)

You may request to have your citation dismissed by pleading “no contest” or “guilty,” paying court costs and, if assessed, a special expense fee not to exceed the maximum amount of the fine – often referred to as probation.

Request a dismissal through deferred disposition

Requests also can be made in person or by mail. Learn more »

You may not be eligible for deferred disposition if:

  • There was an accident – or an incident where witness(es) were involved
  • A speeding violation exceeded the posted speed limit by more than 24 MPH
  • The violation was committed while passing/overtaking a school bus
  • The violation occurred in a construction zone with workers present
  • Your citation is for a violation other than a traffic citation

You are not eligible for deferred disposition if:

  • You are under 17 years of age
  • You have had probation in the last 12 months
  • You are the holder of a commercial driver’s license