2021 General Election
The next General Election for Fort Worth Mayor and City Council will be held May 1, 2021. As the election approaches, specific polling locations in the counties where the City has registered voters, currently Tarrant, Denton and Parker, will be published in accordance with state law.
The filing period for the May 1, 2021, General Election will be January 13, 2021 – February 12, 2021.
Candidate Qualifications are as follows:
- Be a United States citizen (TEC)
- Be 21 years of age (City of Fort Worth Charter)
- Be a qualified voter (City of Fort Worth Charter)
- Be a registered voter as of February 12, 2021 in the Council District for which you are seeking election. (TEC)
- Not been determined mentally incompetent by a final judgment of a court (TEC)
- Not been finally convicted of a felony from which not pardoned (TEC)
- Resided continuously in the state for 12 months and City for 6 months immediately preceding February 12, 2021 (the filing deadline). (TEC)
- Resided continuously in the Council District for which you are seeking election for 180 days (July 17, 2020) before the first allowed filing date for the election. (City of Fort Worth Charter)