CFW Permit Assist

CFW Permit Assist is a citizen-focused application that can assist in streamlining service delivery for the citizens of Fort Worth. The three modules below: zoning, residential, and commercial will provide the customer with a solid knowledge base around, “what is required for a project."

Residential Permit Guide

Residential Permit Guide

Scope your residential project, see which permits you need and what they will cost.

Commercial Permit Guide

Commercial Permit Guide

Scope your commercial project, see which permits you need and what they will cost.

Zoning Check Summary

Zoning Check  Summary

Learn where your business is allowed.


For home owners and contractors working on residential projects.

Information for contractors and developers working on projects.

Know when inspections are needed, how they are scheduled and by whom.


What codes has the City of Fort Worth adopted?

The City of Fort Worth adopted the 2015 ICC (International Code Council) Codes on January 1, 2017 as well as the 2020 NEC (National Electric Code) on January 1, 2020 and the 2018 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code effective September 1, 2020.

The International Code Council, or ICC, is an organization that develops codes and standards for the building and construction industries. The I-Codes developed by ICC are a set of comprehensive building safety and fire prevention codes designed to set minimum standards for safe construction of homes, schools and commercial buildings. Building code are adopted by municipalities and used by architects, builders, engineers, designers, constructors, and regulators in order to construct safe and healthy structures. NEC is the safety standard used by most states, municipalities and cities for electrical installations.

Where can I find the local amendments?

The locally adopted amendments can be found at the link below.

Where can I apply for New Licensing and License Renewals?

Licensing and Renewals<

You may apply for and renew all of the licensing below online through ACA.

  • Building Registration
  • Electrical Registration
  • Mechanical Registration
  • Parkway Registration
  • Plumbing Registration
  • Sign Erector Registration

How to Apply for a new Contractors License

How to Renew Your Contractor License(PDF, 299KB)


Which Permits can be applied for online?

The following permits may be applied for online:



  • Commercial Building-New, Addition and Remodel (PB)
  • Commercial Accessory Building- New, Addition and Remodel (PB)
  • Change of Use and Certificates of Occupancy (PO)
  • Residential Building- New, Addition and Remodel (PB)
  • Signs (PS)
  • Structure Moving and Razing (PV)
  • Door to Door Permits (DTD)
  • Garage Sales Permits (GS)
  • Neighborhood Empowerment Zone Applications (NEZ) 




  • Electrical (no Temp Power)
  • Mechanical
  • Plumbing (no Temp Gas)
  • Plumbing Backflow



  • Concept Plan
  • Final Plat
  • Final Short Plat
  • Preliminary Plat
  • HCLC
  • Multi-Family Development
  • Urban Forestry
  • Zoning Change
  • Zoning Change Site Plan


  • Network Node Permit
  • Street Use Franchise Utility Permit
  • Street Use Parkway Permit
  • Transport Facility Permit


  • CFW Developer Project Proposal Tool
  • Change Order
  • Community Facilities Agreement (CFA) Application
  • Infrastructure Plan Review Center (IPRC) Application
  • IPRC Amendment
  • IPRC Disapproval or Conditional Approval Application
  • IPRC Easement Permit
  • IPRC Pre-Submittal Conference Request Form