Elizabeth M. Beck was sworn in as a member of the City Council on June 15, 2021. Elizabeth is a mother, veteran, lawyer, and life-long resident of Fort Worth.
Elizabeth is a mother, veteran, lawyer, and life-long resident of Fort Worth. After graduating from Southwest Highschool she joined the U.S. Army Reserves, where she spent eight and a half years in the 223rd Maintenance Company based out of Grand Prairie. In 2005, she deployed as a Sergeant to Taji, Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Weeks after returning from Iraq, Elizabeth was attending classes to complete her Bachelor’s degree at the University of Texas at Arlington. While completing her Masters in City and Regional Planning and the University of Texas at Arlington, she began working full-time as a transportation planner at the North Central Texas Council of Governments.
While at the Council of Governments, Elizabeth again served her community on a wide range of projects, including protecting NAS JRB, Fort Worth through compatible development, environmental justice and civil rights compliance.
Elizabeth’s need to fight to make her community a better place led her to Texas A&M School of Law, where she earned her law degree. As a lawyer, Elizabeth represents employees across the country in wage and hour claims.
Elizabeth currently raises her two children, three-legged dog, and three-legged cat in District 9’s South Hills Neighborhood.
District 9 Map
Enter the street address and click the select button or Use my location on your cell phone to locate your address in District 9.
Please wait while we load your map...
- Elizabeth M. Beck: 6.15.2021 to present
- Ann Zadeh: 7.15.2014 to 6.15.2021
- Joel Burns: 1.8.2008 to 7.15.2014
- Wendy Davis: 5.1.1999 to 1.8.2008
- Cathy Hirt: 5.4.1996 to 5.1.1999
- Kenneth Barr: 5.1.1993 to 5.4.1996
- David Chappell: 5.6.1989 to 5.1.1993
- Estil Vance Jr.: 4.20.1985 to 5.6.1989
- Herman Stute: 5.1.1979 to 4.6.1985
- Shirley Johnson: 4.19.1977 to 5.1.1979
(First single member district election occurred on April 19, 1977)
- Margret Rimmer: 4.7.1971 to 4.19.1977
- William R. Sarsgard: 4.24.1967 to 4.7.1971
- Marvin B. Shannon: 4.2.1963 to 4.24.1967
- Gene S. Moore: 4.4.1961 to 4.2.1963
- C. B. Williams: 4.2.1957 to 4.4.1961
- Barney B. Holland: 4.20.1955 to 4.2.1957
- T. L. Carleton: 4.22.1953 to 4.20.1955
- George B. Bennett: 4.5.1949 to 4.2.1953
- H. Malvern Marks Jr.: 4.8.1941 to 4.5.1949
- A. B. Smith: 3.30.1938 to 4.8.1941
- George B. Eagle: 4.7.1937 to 2.9.1938
- Van Zandt Jarvis: 2.25.1927 to 4.7.1937
- L. P. Card: 4.7.1925 to 2.1.1927