The Priority Repair Program helps Fort Worth homeowners in need of emergency or mechanical system home repairs with up to $5,000 in work. Repairs are limited to once every 12 months based on eligibility.
What types of repairs are included?
Priority Repair Program technicians will perform a home inspection to determine if an applicant is in need of emergency repairs (highest priority one) or non-emergency mechanical system repairs (priority two).
- Priority One repairs will be addressed before
- Priority Two repairs.
Priority One – Emergency Repairs
An emergency is a situation or condition that occurred recently without warning, and is considered detrimental or one that poses a threat to life and/or the health safety of occupants and requires immediate action.
Repairs are limited to :
- Sewer line breaks
- Fresh water line breaks
- Gas line breaks/leaks
- Water heaters (inoperable or unsafe units)
- Unsafe or inoperable heating systems (inoperable or unsafe)
Priority Two – Mechanical System Failure Repairs
Conditions of deterioration that, if left unattended, will threaten the health or safety of the occupants.
Repairs are limited to:
- Electrical System Failures
- Roof Repairs
- Unsafe or inoperable HVAC systems (Air Conditioning system)
- Unstable, sagging or rotten bathroom subflooring