The land for Burk Burnett Park was donated to the City of Fort Worth in 1917 by Captain Samuel Burk Burnett to honor his children. In 1937, the park’s first community Christmas tree was installed in the park. This began a long tradition of an annual celebration of the lighting of the Christmas tree in Burnett Park. In 2002, Jonathon Borofsky’s sculpture, Man With Briefcase was installed on the north end of the park near West 7th Street. The 50-foot tall polished aluminum piece features a cut-out silhouette of a man wearing a suit and fedora while carrying a briefcase. The Park is one square block and is currently designed around 24 squares. This park is managed by Downtown Fort Worth, Inc.
View animal, plant and insect species observed at Burk Burnett Park and make some of your own observations through iNaturalist. See link under the "Related information" Section.
Reserve this park
501 W 7th Street, Fort Worth 76102 View Map
501 W 7th Street ,
Fort Worth 76102