Facility Rental Rules & Regulations
The City of Fort Worth reserves athletic facilities for games, practices, meetings and other special events. Rentals must be paid for at the time of reservation. Reservations can be made over the phone with a credit card by calling 817-392-7690. In-person reservations can be made by visiting Haws Athletic Center, 600 Congress St.
Groups or individuals interested in reserving a practice field (e.g. soccer, softball, baseball, etc.) can do so on a first come, first served basis by calling 817-392-7690 from noon to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday, or from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday on the week needed. Reservations for secondary practice fields with lights must be made 24 hours in advance by 2 p.m. (or 2 p.m. Monday for same-day reservations).
When a reservation is made, the customer will receive a field permit. Permits can be faxed if the reservation is made over the phone. Customers are required to carry the field permit with them in case of a discrepancy over who has the right to be on the field.
Haws Athletic Center is available for rental during regular hours of operation.
Haws Athletic Center
8 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Thursday
9 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday-Saturday
|Room or facility
|Gym, half court
||$100 per hour (Non-profit: $50 per hour)
|Gym, full court
||$150 per hour (Non-profit: $75 per hour)
||$80 per hour (Non-profit: $50 per hour)
Maximum 50 person occupancy
||$60 per hour (Non-profit: $30 per hour)
||No charge with annual membership
$3 per person per hour with a day pass
* All fees are based on an hourly rate.
Cricket, football & rugby
- Violation of any of the rules and regulations listed below may result in the immediate termination of rental agreement and forfeiture of rental fees and could result in user not being allowed to rent the Center in the future.
- Persons making the reservation should specify the exact time the Center is needed. Admittance into the Center shall not be made prior to the time specified. If reservation extends beyond the designated time, additional rental and staff time charges will be assessed in half-hour increments. The number of guests shall be restricted to the stated capacity of each room.
- No oral agreements for use of the Center, grounds, or any additional rooms shall be valid. All reservations must be confirmed with a ActiveNet generated rental permit provided by the Center. No rental contracts are valid unless approved, signed and dated by a Center staff person.
- Reservations must be made a minimum of 14 days prior to the event. A deposit of $150.00 is required to secure the room rental. The return of the deposit will be processed within ten working days after the event, providing ALL rooms, equipment and amenities used during the event are left in as good or better condition than prior to the event. A check will be mailed out within 30 days of the rental.
- All fees must be paid a minimum of 14 days prior to the event. All payments must be made by check or money order and made payable to the CITY OF FORT WORTH.
- Reservations accepted on major holidays and during non-operating hours are at the discretion of the Center’s District Superintendent.
- Prior to the rental period, the Center Supervisor/Coordinator must approve ALL decorations. Decorations shall be fireproof. NO candle burning will be permitted, including birthday cakes. NO additional time for decorating or cleanup is expressed or implied. These activities must be accomplished during the reservation period.
- The Center Supervisor/Coordinator reserves the right to require security in ALL instances in which the circumstances warrant. It will be the responsibility of the lessee to make arrangements for security at the expense of the lessee.
- Approval of the Park & Recreation Department shall be obtained to collect fees for admission or to sell food, drink or commodities in the Center or surrounding premises. The Park & Recreation Department will consider ONLY those organizations that are an organized civic, cultural, and/or service group or State or Nationally chartered as a non-profit organization with membership (including officers and boards) open to all Fort Worth residents. Additional fees may apply.
- A limited number of chairs and tables shall be available for use by the lessee. The center staff shall be responsible for setting up and taking down tables and chairs and returning them to their proper storage locations. The lessee may, at their own risk and expense, provide their own tables and chairs, which MUST be set up and taken down by the lessee. All supplies and equipment used by the lessee must be removed from the Center no later than 12:00 on the business day following the reservation or the lessee will forfeit deposit and future rental opportunities.
- The Center staff member will make a head count of all participants in the reservation to determine if additional fees are warranted. The user will then be responsible for any additional charges.
- All areas utilized in the reservation must be cleaned before the rental is concluded. All rooms and amenities utilized in the reservation should be left in as good or better condition than prior to the event. All trash should be disposed of in the dumpsters. The Center staff member in charge will inspect ALL rooms utilized in the reservation at the conclusion of the reservation. It will be the responsibility of the user to get with the staff member to sign the inspection report at the conclusion of the reservation period.
- Parents, guardians or adult sponsors (21 years or older) shall be required to request the reservation as well as sign the application for youth groups under 21 years of age. Two adult chaperones (21 years or older) shall be required for functions of 30 youth (under 21) or less with one additional chaperone for each fifteen youth. Chaperones must be present when the Center is open, must remain throughout the activity and must not vacate the area until ALL youth have left the Center and immediate area.
- All center rules must be adhered to at all times.
Full refunds will be given prior to rental start date. No refunds will be given once rental begins. There will be a $10 processing fee on all refunds.
It shall be the responsibility of the person signing the contract for the reservation to comply with and enforce ALL rules and regulations. ANY violation of these rules shall be grounds for prohibiting future use of City of Fort Worth Park & Recreation Department facilities.
For all policies that are not covered on this page, please refer to the City of Fort Worth Park & Recreation Department policy: Center Rental Policy and Procedures.
Inquiries regarding the accessibility of our Centers for those with disabilities should be directed to 817-392-PARK. Groups or individuals shall be given equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability status.
Marine Park Aquatic Center and Forest Park Pool pools are available for rental after closing from 7 to 9 p.m. on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays.
No rentals on holiday weekends, Monday-Thursday or days when the pool is closed.
Space is available on a first-come, first-served basis and rentals must be made at least two weeks in advance. All rentals are taken online and the full rental fee is due at the time of reservation.
Inclement Weather Policy
In the case of inclement weather, customers can either request a refund or work with staff to reschedule for an open date.