The goal of this program is keeping families in their homes. Help is available for rent, past due rent, utilities, past due utility payments and other housing expenses resulting from the coronavirus outbreak.
Funding is provided by U.S. Treasury Department and Texas Department of Housing & Community Affairs.
Who can apply?
- Renters in eligible households.
- Landlords on behalf of eligible renters, with tenant approval.
- Renters in households with income at or below 80% of the Area Median Income (see chart below).
- One or more household member has qualified for unemployment, experienced a reduction in household income or experienced a financial hardship due to COVID-19; and
- Can demonstrate a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability.
||Annual Income 80% AMI
FAQs & Online Application Walkthrough Video
- Have questions on documents and forms you will need? View this step-by-step walkthrough video of the online application for the Emergency Rental Assistance.
(Click above to watch YouTube video)
How to apply
- Apply online. Use Chrome or Safari on a desktop or laptop computer for best results.
- Many public libraries have computers you may use.
If you need help filling out the application, contact one of our City of Fort Worth partner agencies: Fort Worth Housing Solutions, Housing Channel, The Salvation Army and Samaritan House.
Fort Worth Application
If you don’t live in Fort Worth