The City of Fort Worth Recognitions include Letters of Appreciation / Congratulations, Certificates of Recognition, and Proclamations.
Each recognition is ceremonial in nature and is issued by the Mayor or a City Council Member. Recognitions are intended to honor and celebrate special events, significant issues, or increase awareness of programs and people that make Fort Worth one of the most livable cities in the nation.
The City of Fort Worth retains the rights to edit all recognition text to reflect the city’s vision, mission, and goals.
For more information, please email email@example.com or call 817-392-6118.
Requirements and fees for all recognition requests
- Request must be made by a City of Fort Worth resident or an organization based in Fort Worth.
- All requests MUST be submitted at least 30 days prior to the presentation date.
- A resident or an organization may only request one recognition of one type annually.
- Recognitions are issued at no charge to individuals or groups, however, a $15 fee is assessed for additional copies of physical recognitions placed in a blue folder.
Types of recognition requests and their requirements
You will be required to select one of these recognition types when submitting the recognition request form.
1. Letter of Appreciation/Congratulations
2. Certificate of Recognition
- All Proclamations MUST be presented by the Mayor or a City Council Member. If they are not available, a Certificate of Recognition may be issued at your request.
- A proclamation is an act that formally declares to the general public that the government has acted in a particular way. It is a written or printed document issued by a government official (Mayor and Council) sets out a declaration by the government.
- Proclamation requests will be considered for:
- Individual Birthdays 100 years or greater
- Local city events
- National or International groups hosting events within the City of Fort Worth with an in-city sponsor
- Local business milestones
- Proclamation requests will not be considered for:
- Recognitions that qualify as certificates
- Matters of political controversy, ideological or religious beliefs, or individual conviction
- Events or organizations with no direct relationship to the City of Fort Worth
- Campaigns or events contrary to City policies
- Annual proclamations (will instead honor anniversaries like 5th, 10th, 15th, etc.)
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 817-392-6118.
Before submitting a request, confirm that you have read all request requirements above:
Confirm and continue to request submission