Creating lead-safe environments for Fort Worth families
The Lead-Safe Program provides lead hazard reduction home repair services to create a lead-safe environment for the children and residents of Fort Worth. The program helps income-eligible residents protect children from lead when they live or spend extended periods of time in a home with deteriorated lead-based paint.
Participation in the program will require a paint inspection of the property to determine presence of lead-based paint hazards.
What services does the program provide?
- Inspection and risk assessment of the property for lead-based paint.
- Healthy Homes Inspection.
- If deteriorated lead-based paint is identified, the work may include:
- Painting of interior and/or exterior surfaces
- Possible replacement of components such as doors, windows or siding.
- Repairs of urgent health and safety conditions.
How can I participate in the program?
The property must be located in the City of Fort Worth and built before 1978.
• The owner of the property must agree to participate in the program. Rental properties may be eligible.
• A child under the age of six lives in the home OR spends at least six hours a week plus 60 hours a year in the home or a pregnant woman is living in the home.
• The total household yearly income (including all adults living in the home) must be at or below the following:
Two Ways to Apply