On November 18, 1952, the park board accepted 5.4 acres at Trail Lake Drive and South Drive in the Westcliff section of the city for park purposes contingent on the approval of the city council. This was a gift from J. E. Foster, the developer of the adjacent subdivision of the same name. In late December 1953, the board agreed to accept two gifts of land from J. E. Foster and Sons for a tract of land immediately north of Foster Park and Lot 12, Block 10, for a parkway in the South Hills Addition.
The Foster Park Garden Club assisted with the beautification of the park in the early years of its existence. By late 1954, the park had such improvements as picnic tables and benches, fireplaces, swings, and a slide. Under Hare and Hare’s 1957 park master plan, it was envisioned that the park would serve as an entrance to a proposed parkway. Although the parkway never materialized, Foster Park, along with Kellis Park to the south and Overton Park to the north, creates a linear greenbelt in southwest Fort Worth in the vicinity of Old Granbury Road. Foster Park runs along a creek bed and contains a duck pond that is popular with area residents. Today, the park consists of approximately twelve acres and contains a playground, outdoor grills, and 0.78 miles of multi-use trails.
See what plants and animals have been observed at Foster Park and help contribute to citizen science by reporting your observations by using the iNaturalist link in the sidebar.
Reserve this park on ActiveNet
3725 South Drive, Fort Worth 76109 View Map
3725 South Drive ,
Fort Worth 76109
Foster Park Hours: Open Dawn to Dusk