Virtual Board & Commission Meetings
View the full Boards & Commissions calendar
Important update: Please note that as the City of Fort Worth is responding to the current COVID-19 health crisis. It is important to keep the public, Board and Commission members, and staff as safe as possible. For that reason, and to comply with the City of Fort Worth's Stay-at-Home Order, the city will conduct all Board and Commissions meeting remotely by videoconference and teleconference. All Board and Commission meetings will be available for viewing through WebEx, the City's Website, and Television.
How do I attend a virtual meeting?
View instructions on how to attend a virtual meeting.
Can I attend the meeting by videoconference?
Yes. You can attend any Board and Commission meeting through videoconference with a computer, tablet, or smart phone. Simply follow the directions outlined in the tutorial for attending virtual meetings.
Can I attend by teleconference?
Yes. You can also call in to the meeting using any phone. Simply follow the directions outlined in the tutorial for attending virtual meetings.
What if I just want to watch a meeting but not attend?
You can watch meetings live on the city website. You can also watch meetings on the following television channels: Charter 190; One Source 7; Verizon 5; AT&T Uverse 99. Please note: There may be a one-minute delay between the actual meeting and what is being displayed on the city's website or television.
Where can I find the agenda and meeting materials?
The Board and Commission agendas and meeting materials are available on the Board and Commission calendar page.
How do I address or submit questions and comments to a Board or Commission?
Any member of the public who wishes to address a Board or Commission regarding an item on a listed agenda must sign up to speak no later than 5 p.m. on the day before the scheduled meeting. Please see the individual Board and Commission meeting notices below for more information on signing up to speak.
City Staff will compile and provide all comments and questions to the members of the Boards and Commissions.
For more information on registering to speak via WebEx, visit the web instructions.
Can I watch past virtual Board and Commission Meetings?
Yes. All past virtual Board and Commission meetings may be found on the FWTV page. If you can't find your Board or Commission, then look under "other public meetings" as the recording may be there. If you need additional help, please contact the City staff member listed on the appropriate agenda.
Are you new to WebEx?
Visit the WebEx website to learn more about the tool.
How do I download WebEx?
You can download the WebEx app onto your phone, tablet, or computer:
- Phones and tablets: Simply go to your App Store and type "Cisco WebEx". There, you can download the Cisco WebEx Meetings App.
- Desktop or laptop: Download WebEx for meetings on your desktop or laptop computer.
What if I don't want to download WebEx, but I still want to listen and participate in the meeting by phone?
You can listen and participate by teleconference, as well. The City provides two convenient ways to attend via teleconference, either through a local 817 number or a US Toll number. Once prompted, simply input the required access/meeting code that will be available on the Board and Commission Meeting Agenda.
How do I join a WebEx meeting?
It's easy - instructions are available online. The WebEx phone number and access code are listed alongside the meeting information on the Board and Commission calendar page.
City staff recommends that you join a meeting at least 10 minutes before the scheduled start time in case there are any issues. If you are having issues, then please contact the City staff member listed on the Board and Commission meeting agenda.
What if I want to submit comments or questions before the meeting?
You're in luck! Any member of the public who wishes to address a Board or Commission regarding an item on the listed agenda must sign up to speak no later than 5 p.m. the day before the meeting is scheduled.
To sign up, either contact the name of the person listed on the agenda (which can be found on the Board and Commissions calendar page), or register through WebEx.
You can also submit public comments and questions by sending an email to the City staff member listed on the Board and Commission Agenda.
Staff will compile the comments and questions and provide them to the Board and Commission members.
- Step 1: Click on the WebEx Videoconference link on either the Board and Commission Agenda or the Virtual Board and Commission Meeting website. This will take you to the WebEx registration page.
- Step 2: Click "Register" at the bottom of the page.
- Step 3: On the registration page, fill out all of the required information for the event.
- Step 4a: You will also need to indicate one of the following:
If you select a, b, or c above, then City staff will call on you during the Board and Commission meeting when it is your time to speak. It is imperative that you enter the correct identifying information during registration so that City staff can correctly call on you during the meeting.
- a. I am speaking in favor of the case.
- b. I am speaking in favor of the case, but would only like to speak if there is opposition.
- c. I am speaking in opposition of the case.
- d. I am NOT speaking and would like to watch.
- Step 4b: If you would like to speak on a particular agenda item, but do not want to attend the full meeting, then you may request that City staff call you when your particular agenda item is called. You will need to click the appropriate box and provide a valid telephone number.
- Step 5: Click "submit". You will receive a registration confirmation by email that contains instructions for joining the Board and Commission meeting. Please follow the applicable instructions.
- Step 6: If all else fails, please contact the City staff member listed on the agenda to walk you through the process.
Do I have to stay on WebEx for the entire meeting?
No. You can come and go as you please. Please be aware that, if you are watching on the City's website or cable television, there is about a 1 minute lag between the live meeting and the broadcast.
If you want to speak during the meeting, you must be present at the time the agenda item is called. If, at the time of registration, you requested City staff to call you, then you do not need to be present prior to receiving your phone call. Otherwise, you can submit your questions and comments to City staff.
Tips for successful meetings
- Dress in a soft solid color. If a tie is worn, use a solid tie rather than one with a pattern.
- When speaking, remember to look directly at the webcam, not at the screen.
- Position the camera at your eye level or slightly above eye level.
- Be mindful of what is behind you, choose a solid neutral wall if possible.
- Check the lighting. Light from a window behind you might blind the camera, making you look dark. Light above you in the center of a room might also cast shadows. Ideally, position a lamp, or sit facing a window, where light is directly on your face. Also be aware that your monitor casts light that can make you look blue.
- All participants should identify themselves prior to speaking so that everyone knows who is speaking.
- All participants need to speak one at a time and pause prior to speaking in case there is any audio/video lag.
- All participants will be muted when not speaking in order to avoid any potential background noise.