The City of Fort Worth provides an ACH (Automated Clearing House) payment option for approved suppliers.
Choosing to use the ACH (Automated Clearing House) results in payment to the supplier being deposited directly into a checking/ savings account specified by the supplier. Once an approved user has logged into the CFW secure supplier portal, added the banking information and the CFW verification process has been completed and approved, payments can be processed for direct deposit.
Advantages of ACH are:
- Faster than receiving check payments, which can be subject to postal delays.
- Avoid time-consuming trips to the bank and time waiting for the check to clear.
- Eliminates the risk of a lost or misplaced check.
- Most secure form of payment than a check. The National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA) requires all parties involved in ACH transactions implement processes, and controls to protect sensitive data.
- Allows the supplier to receive email notification of the invoices paid.
How to set up banking information to receive ACH payments information as follows:
Note: Registrations for a supplier or user are not immediate and require verification and approval by the City.
The City will not accept mail or email requests for banking information to be added or updated to a supplier account due to fraud risks.
This is for security purposes for both the supplier and City.