An application for discounts shall be submitted with the first building permit application submitted by the applicant.
Eligibility for all discounts must be determined no later than the issuance of the first building permit for land subject to the final plat. The terms related to each discount shall be incorporated within an agreement for credits pursuant to § 30-182.
Discounts are cumulative, so that a development that qualifies for the maximum discount under each provision may reduce impact fees otherwise due up to 100%.
The applicant for a discount provided for in this section has the burden of proof to show that the development qualifies for the discount.
Adequate Public Facilities Discount
The amount of transportation impact fees due under Schedule 2 may be reduced by 50% for any development where:
1. One or more points of access serve at least 75% of the peak-hour site-generated traffic volumes;
2. Such point(s) connect the development to the city’s thoroughfare system, as depicted in the city’s master thoroughfare plan (MTP) provided however, sites with multiple access points may include a TxDOT facility as one of the access points to meet this criteria; and
3. The transportation facility so connected has been improved to its ultimate capacity as classified under the current master thoroughfare plan.
Mixed-use/Multi-modal Development Discount
The amount of transportation impact fees due under Schedule 2 may be reduced up to 25% for any development where an accepted traffic impact study demonstrates that the development will reduce the vehicle trips from those contained in the adopted land use equivalency table, to one of the following:
5 to 9% trip capture: 10% impact fee reduction
10 to 14% trip capture: 15% impact fee reduction
15% to 20% trip capture: 20% impact fee reduction
21% or > trip capture: 25% impact fee reduction
Extraordinary Investment Discount
The amount of transportation impact fees due under Schedule 2 may be reduced 25% for any development that results in all of the following qualifications, as jointly determined by the Development Services Department and the Department of Economic Development:
1. $25 million dollars in capital investment, excluding land costs;
2. Creation of 75 new jobs; and
3. The projected salary of the new jobs is at least twice the current federal minimum wage, plus benefits.
For each additional $10,000,000 in capital investment or additional 75 qualified new jobs, the impact fee amount due under Schedule 2 will be further reduced by an additional 5%, up to a maximum reduction of 50%. A development may receive this discount and have a period of up to four years from the issuance of a building permit to qualify under the terms of this discount. Impact fees otherwise paid shall be refunded to the original payor at the time of issuance of the building permit. A development shall refund a pro rata share of this discount should the development not continue to maintain the number of new jobs for a period of at least ten years from the date of building permit (or the date of qualification for this discount), equal to 10% per annum for each year that the number of jobs is not maintained.
Small Business Discount
The amount of transportation impact fees due under Schedule 2 for building permits, other than new construction building permits, shall be reduced by 25% for a development that meets all of the following qualifications, as jointly determined by the Development Services Department and the Department of Economic Development:
1. An independently owned for-profit or non-profit entity with a physical Fort Worth business address;
2. Business must not be a subsidiary of a larger company nor a franchisee of a chain with more than 5 franchises;
3. Annual revenues of $2,500,000 or less for the most recent 12-month period
4. 25 Employees or less;
5. Business operations established at least 1 year prior to making application for the discount; and
6. Proof of qualifications provided by notarized affidavit
Sexually Oriented Businesses and Game Rooms are not eligible for this discount.