What is SmartFlush?
SmartFlush is a no-cost toilet replacement program to promote conservation of water. There are three versions of the SmartFlush Program.
- SmartFlush Voucher: Customer receives up to two (2) vouchers for a low-flow toilet. Toilet must be picked-up from our vendor. Customer must install toilet themselves or hire a plumber.
- SmartFlush Care: For low-income or elderly (over 70 years old). City-contracted plumber installs up to two (2) low-flow toilets.
- SmartFlush Commercial: Commercial Customer can receive a voucher for up to 10 low-flow toilets. More toilets can be requested after an initial inspection.
What are the requirements to qualify for the program?
Must have an active City of Fort Worth water account.
- Must own home or have landlord approval. (If you are a renter, your landlord must complete and sign the Landlord Consent Form(PDF, 64KB) .)
- Must have home that was built prior to 1994. In 1994, federal regulatory standards changed, requiring all toilets to be low flow toilets. Age of home is verified through Tarrant County Appraisal District (tad.org).
- Must have not previously participated in the program. Program is limited to two (2) replacement toilets per lifetime for residential customers.
What are the additional requirements for SmartFlush Care?
- Must provide birthdate in application to confirm over 70 years of age.
- To qualify by income, household income must be equal to or below 150 percent of federal poverty level. Contact Community Action Partners at 817-392-5790 for income verification information.
What are the additional requirements for SmartFlush Commerical?
- Commercial Customers requesting greater than 10 toilets must have pre-inspection to determine the number of toilets.
- Commercial Customer must comply with post-inspection to confirm toilet installation.
When should a customer be referred to the SmartFlush program?
A customer should be referred to the SmartFlush program when:
- They have a toilet leak and meet the requirements.
- They are interested in programs to help the City of Fort Worth save water and meet the requirements.
- They need a new toilet and meet the requirements.
Unless a customer also had a toilet leak, the amount of money savings from installing a low flow toilet is approximately $12 a month, according to EPA estimates. The EPA estimates one toilet can save 13,000 gallons a year. Lifetime water savings among thousands of customers is substantial and is why toilet replacement programs are a part of water conservation programs.
What toilet is used in SmartFlush?
The current toilet used for the SmartFlush program is the Kohler Highline Comfort Height K-3989 Class Five Dual Flush Toilet. It is available only in white with an elongated bowl in the only in the American Disability Act (ADA) height.. The toilet has a warranty for 10 years. Contact the vendor for warranty information.
How often can a customer use SmartFlush?
The property address can receive up to two (2) toilets over the lifetime of the program.
How do customers apply?
- Customers can apply online.
- Download a PDF application and email the completed application to WaterConservation@FortWorthTexas.gov.
- Request a paper application from Water Conservation.
- Mail to: SmartFlush Program, 200 Texas St., Fort Worth, TX 76102
- Fax to: 817-392-8735.
Applications take approximately 6-8 weeks to process.
Where can I get more information about this and other programs?
Fort Worth Water Conservation
Fort Worth Community Action Partners
- Phone: 817-392-5720
- Mailing address: 4200 S. Freeway, Suite 2300, Fort Worth, TX 76115