Fire Station Community Center Park



  • 1975



  • 3.1 acres


Additional amenities

  • Basketball Court
  • Benches
  • Park Lighting
  • Parking Lot
  • Playground Area
  • Shelter
  • Stand Alone Swing
  • Tables
  • Tennis Court


Fun facts and History

In 1975, a square block area containing Fire Station No. 8, originally designed by architect Charles F. Allen and constructed by B. B. Adams in 1923, was turned over to the park department for park purposes. In 1978, work began on converting the one and one-half story fire station into a community center to serve Fairmount and surrounding neighborhoods. Community Development Block Grant funds were used to construct a gymnasium addition in 1994. Terry M. Harden and Associates designed the addition and it was built by E. Horn Construction.  The park’s playground received renovations 2000 and 2006. Today the park is still the site of the community center and includes a playground and tennis court.

See what plants and animals have been observed at Fire Station Community Center Park and help contribute to citizen science by reporting your observations by using the iNaturalist link in the sidebar.



Reserve this park on ActiveNet


1601 Lipscomb Street, Fort Worth 76104  View Map

Google Map