As the name suggests, Marine Creek Park is a linear park that follows Marine Creek. It contains 48.16 acres and was acquired in 1984. The City had long considered creating a park or parkway in the area to prevent or control flooding along the creek. In 1942, the City’s Director of Public Works W.O. Jones and park consultant S. Herbert Hare prepared reports that studied the flooding issues. Hare’s preliminary report favored the creation of a parkway that stretched from North Main Street to Northwest 34th Street. It would take years for the City to acquire the land along the Marine Creek (the park was officially constituted in 1984). By linking the resultant Marine Creek Linear Park along with, Marine Creek Linear North, Lincoln Park, and Rodeo Park (collective called the Marine Creek Park Corridor), the ensuing greenbelt came close to the one envisioned by Hare.
The park remained largely unimproved for a number of years. It and three other reserve park sites received playground improvements in early 2000 from funding from Capital Improvement Programs. Other improvements included a shelter, playground, grills, and trail.
In 2010, the Parks & Recreation Department applied for a $1,000,000 matching grant from Texas Parks and Wildlife Department Grants Branch to implement improvements to the parks along the Marine Creek Park Corridor In 2011, Halff Associates was awarded a contract for design and engineering work for the project. Implementation began in 2013.
View animal, plant and insect species observed at Marine Creek Linear Park and make some of your own observations through iNaturalist. See link under the "Related information" Section.
Reserve this park on ActiveNet
3106 Angle Ave, Fort Worth 76106 View Map
3106 Angle Ave ,
Fort Worth 76106
Marine Creek Linear Park Hours: 5 AM - 11:30 PM