Sign up for fun and learning at Camp Fort Worth
Published on March 26, 2021
School may be out, but the fun and learning doesn’t have to stop. Enroll your kids in Camp Fort Worth and let them discover new skills and friendships.
Camp Fort Worth is full of challenging and creative activities for children ages 5-13, with each day promising nonstop fun and excitement. All campers will also participate in a research-based reading curriculum with 45 minutes of intentional and measurable instruction based on best practices provided by a trained Literacy Support Specialist.
Camp runs 7:30 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday-Friday, June 28-Aug. 6. (No camp Monday, July 5.) The cost is $35 per week, or $175 for all six weeks if paid in full at registration. Scholarships are also available.
Camp Fort Worth will be held at 18 City of Fort Worth community centers, which are located throughout the city.
Safety measures will be in place:
- There will be a limited number of spots available. This is due to the need for physical distancing.
- Camp will adhere to the minimum standard health and safety protocols established by the Governor’s Strike Force to Open Texas.
- All staff will wear masks, and parents are strongly encouraged to send their camper to camp with a mask. Campers who arrive without a mask will be given one by staff.
- Staff will disinfect all areas throughout the facility on an ongoing basis each day.
- Parent drop-off will take place outside. Parents will not be permitted to enter the facility, and campers and parents should expect to undergo health and temperature screenings outside before entering the facility.
- Each camper will have their own bag of supplies. Social distancing will be enforced, with no sharing of materials.
- There will be an increased focus on personal hygiene, respiratory etiquette and hand washing.
Get articles like this in your inbox. Subscribe to City News.