Update on city facility openings
Published on April 20, 2021
With more residents being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, many city facilities are returning to normal schedules and are adding capacity and programming. Here are the latest openings:
- All locations of the Fort Worth Public Library are open with reduced hours, days and occupancy. Masking, temperature checks and screening questions are in place. There is no in-person programming, but plenty of virtual offerings.
- All locations return to full hours and full days June 1. Masking, temperature checks, screening questions and reduced occupancy will remain in place. There will be limited outdoor in-person programming this summer.
- Judges are working onsite at the A.D. Marshall Public Safety Building, 1000 Throckmorton St.
- Walk-in dockets have been moved to an open courtroom with judges appearing remotely. Judges will move into the courtrooms for the walk-in docket later this month.
- Parking hearings have resumed in-person.
- Bench trial dockets will become in-person dockets with all parties present in the courtroom beginning May 3. Other dockets will move from virtual to in-person proceedings gradually over the following weeks and months as the public and staff become more comfortable. The attorney plea docket will remain virtual.
- Jury trials will likely resume in late summer or early fall.
Neighborhood Services Department
- Community centers have modified operating hours. Check with your nearby center. Fitness centers are available for use, and facilities are available for rentals, up to 75% capacity. A modified Summer Day Camp is planned.
- Gymnasiums have a modified reopening schedule. Masks are required and group play is restricted.
- The Best Years Club has returned to regular hours, and Meals on Wheels is providing meal and pantry service. Meals on Wheels is providing Trinity Metro ACCESS-MITS vouchers for transportation.
- The Community Action Partners office has limited public access and is processing online and mail-in applications only.
- The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program offers three options to register for an appointment: in person, by telephone or online. Tax preparation assistance will be available through the extended deadline of June 15, 2021.
Park & Recreation Department
- Community centers are allowing full access to facilities and rentals at 75% capacity.
- The After School Program is in progress. Planning is underway for Summer Day Camp with reduced capacity.
- Log Cabin Village is open Tuesday-Saturday.
- The Fort Worth Nature Center & Refuge is fully open.
- Youth sports are returning to a regular schedule. Summer volleyball season is registering now.
- Aquatics season planning and hiring are in progress.
- Golf courses are offering reduced services but remain open.
- Athletic field reservations have resumed, and Haws Athletic Center is scheduled to reopen May 3.
Get articles like this in your inbox. Subscribe to City News.