Update on city facility openings
Published on April 20, 2021
Updated May 20
Please verify with the respective department for updated information and possible changes made to their services. Information may have changed since this story was originally published.
With more residents being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, many city facilities are returning to normal schedules and are adding capacity and programming. Here are the latest openings:
- All locations of the Fort Worth Public Library are open with reduced hours, days and occupancy. Screening questions are in place. There is no in-person programming, but plenty of virtual offerings.
- All locations return to full hours and full days June 1. Screening questions and reduced occupancy will remain in place. There will be limited outdoor in-person programming this summer.
- Judges are working onsite at the A.D. Marshall Public Safety Building, 1000 Throckmorton St.
- Walk-in dockets have been moved to an open courtroom with judges appearing remotely. Judges will move into the courtrooms for the walk-in docket later this month.
- Parking hearings have resumed in-person.
- Bench trial dockets will become in-person dockets with all parties present in the courtroom beginning May 3. Other dockets will move from virtual to in-person proceedings gradually over the following weeks and months as the public and staff become more comfortable. The attorney plea docket will remain virtual.
- Jury trials will likely resume in late summer or early fall.
Neighborhood Services Department
- Community centers have modified operating hours. Check with your nearby center. Fitness centers are available for use, and facilities are available for rentals, up to 75% capacity. A modified Summer Day Camp is planned.
- Gymnasiums have a modified reopening schedule. Group play is restricted.
- The Best Years Club has returned to regular hours, and Meals on Wheels is providing meal and pantry service. Meals on Wheels is providing Trinity Metro ACCESS-MITS vouchers for transportation.
- The Community Action Partners office has limited public access and is processing online and mail-in applications only.
- The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program offers three options to register for an appointment: in person, by telephone or online. Tax preparation assistance will be available through the extended deadline of June 15, 2021.
Park & Recreation Department
- Community centers are allowing full access to facilities and rentals at 75% capacity.
- The After School Program is in progress. Planning is underway for Summer Day Camp with reduced capacity.
- Log Cabin Village is open Tuesday-Saturday.
- The Fort Worth Nature Center & Refuge is fully open.
- Youth sports are returning to a regular schedule. Summer volleyball season is registering now.
- Aquatics season planning and hiring are in progress.
- Golf courses are now fully open.
- Athletic field reservations have resumed, and Haws Athletic Center is scheduled to reopen May 3.
Get articles like this in your inbox. Subscribe to City News.