Low-Income Housing Water Assistance


The Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) helps low income households pay the cost of water and sewer services. The program can assist households who have past due bills (arrears) for water and/or sewer services.



  • You or a member of your household are a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or qualified alien, and
  • Your household's gross monthly income is at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
  • Your water, sewer, or combined water and sewer account is past the due date, or combined water and sewer service is terminated or otherwise facing disconnection due to unpaid arrears. 


What do you need to apply?

Applicants will need to include the following documentation along with your application:

  • Applicant must resident in Tarrant County
  • Government issued ID for all household members 18 years of age or older.
  • A valid Social Security card/number for all household members
  • Proof of residence A water, sewer, or combined water and sewer bill listing your permanent and primary residence
  • Must reside in the home in which assistance is being requested
  • Must be the primary or authorized user on the account
  • Documentation of income for the primary applicant  
Applicants can apply by submitting an application (Mail-in or Online) through Community Action Partners.