Like Z. Boaz Golf Course (now decommissioned), Z. Boaz Park was a gift of Z. Boaz (c. 1873-1935), a land speculator who owned thousands of acres of land in Fort Worth. Boaz and his wife, Tech, gave to the city 134.38 acres for park purposes in 1928. The land for this park was from two surveys, the S. J. Foster and the J. S. Wilburn. Boaz acquired this property in phases between the year 1894 and 1927. One study has noted that this gift to the city was one of true philanthropy as the only thing that Boaz asked in return was that the park be named after him. Hare and Hare’s 1957 park master plan noted that as a result of its location on Mary’s Creek and Walnut Creek, the park provided for attractive scenery through the preservation of wooded areas and accompanying picnic areas. The report recommended that the park should mostly be left in its natural state and not highly developed. Today, the park contains 134.38 acres, a playground and a few other amenities. As recommended in Hare’s master plan, it retains its heavy tree cover.
View animal, plant and insect species observed at Hall-Tandy Triangle Park and make some of your own observations through iNaturalist. See link under the "Related information" Section.
Reserve this park on ActiveNet
5250 Old Benbrook Road, Fort Worth 76126 View Map
5250 Old Benbrook Road ,
Fort Worth 76126