As it enters its third decade of honoring businesses for their commitment to environmental awareness, the City of Fort Worth has broadened its Environmental Awards program to also honor innovation in waste reduction, recycling and water efficiency.
The awards program began in 1999 as the Pretreatment Awards, honoring companies in full compliance with wastewater regulations. Those awards will continue and are based on the number of consecutive years of compliance and are awarded at the Star, Associate, Partnership and Stewardship levels.
An Industry of the Year Award was added to the program in 2018, 2019, 2020 and will be selected again in 2021.
2021 Award Applications NOW OPEN!
Innovation Awards will be presented in the areas of:
- Water Use & Process Improvement
- Water Conservation
- Air Quality
- Land Redevelopment
- Solid Waste Reduction & Recycling
Recognition Awards include:
- Must be a Fort Worth Water customer, or verify that you are located in Fort Worth.
- Must be in compliance with all local, state, and federal codes & laws and have no outstanding violations.
- Previous years Innovation Award winners (in any category) can only apply once every three years with the same project. Companies may apply multiple years in a row if they did not win an award prior or if they have different project(s) than the previous winning application.
Click here(PDF, 217KB) to view descriptions of each award and a printable version of the awards application.
Award applications are due Aug. 31, 2021.
To apply online, click the link below for the award category you are entering.
The awards luncheon ceremony is Wednesday Nov. 3, 2021.