Virtual, in-person forums to discuss future of Horne Street
Published on August 03, 2022
Help envision a safe and convenient Horne Street at two upcoming community forums.
The Horne Street Streetscape Project — a collaboration between the Texas Department of Transportation and the City of Fort Worth Transportation & Public Works Department — will design and construct improvements to enable safe, accessible, comfortable and convenient access for all people and transportation modes along the heavily traveled corridor.
There are two meeting formats available to residents:
- Virtual community forum: Posted 5:30 p.m. Aug. 8 through Aug. 23. Materials can be viewed at any time.
- In-person community forum: 5:30-7 p.m. Monday, Aug. 8, Como Community Center 4660 Horne St.
The street segment is located in the Como neighborhood of Fort Worth, south of the I-30 and US-377 interchange, southwest of downtown. Possible improvements to the Horne Streetscape include expanding current two lanes to three lanes with a center turn lane, traffic signal improvements, sidewalk, pedestrian and bike paths, on-street parking, landscaping and pedestrian amenities.
Although additional right of way would be required, no residential or nonresidential structures are expected to be displaced at this time.
Ahead of the upcoming meetings, there are three ways residents can provide input:
- Priority pyramid. Complete the priority pyramid activity to provide insight on the goals and objectives that are most critical to the community.
- Map survey. Visit an interactive map tool to make location-specific comments to be considered in the Horne Street streetscape.
- Mobility survey. Complete the survey to provide insights on the existing Horne Street road and how residents use the street. This activity is used to gather similar feedback as the priority pyramid and map survey and may be better suited to those who prefer a survey format.
Learn project details online.
To learn more, contact the TxDOT Fort Worth District Office at 817-370‑6500.
Photo: The goal of the Horne Streetscape Project is to design and construct improvements to enable safe, accessible, comfortable and convenient access.
Get articles like this in your inbox. Subscribe to City News.