Neighbor to Neighbor: TCU Edition
Neighbor to Neighbor: TCU Edition is a program to inform you of your responsibilities as a resident of Fort Worth and provides resources that will allow all neighbors to live and experience Fort Worth in a safe, comfortable manner.
The Neighbor to Neighbor program is a partnership with the City of Fort Worth to ensure a strong relationship between students and off campus neighbors.
View TCU N2N video
Be a Good Neighbor!
Whether you’re a long time resident or just here for a semester, city regulations apply. Please follow these rules to keep your neighborhood clean and safe:
Excessive or Illegal Parking
Vehicles can be parked on any public street unless otherwise prohibited by official, demarcated signage in the area. Long-term storage of vehicles on a public street is prohibited. Never block driveways or fire hydrants when parking on a public street, and never park over a sidewalk, crosswalk or within an intersection.
On two-way streets, be sure to park your vehicle’s right-hand wheels parallel against the curb and on one-way streets, park your vehicle parallel to the curb in the direction of authorized traffic.
Unreasonable or excessive noise, like rowdy, outdoor conversation and loud music, can disrupt the peace of your neighborhood, especially if the noise occurs during late-night hours.
Maximum sound levels for all residential properties within the City of Fort Worth are set as:
- Daytime, 7 a.m.-10 p.m.: 70 decibels (equivalent to a running vacuum cleaner).
- Nighttime, 10 p.m.-7 a.m.: 60 decibels (equivalent to a normal conversation).
Trash and Litter Control
All residents are responsible for the upkeep and cleanliness of their property. Exterior and interior portions of the property must be clean and free of debris.
Trash and debris must be securely contained in the proper city issued receptacles:
- Garbage and household waste must be stored in plastic bags and placed in the brown garbage cart.
- Recyclable items should be empty, clean and dry before placed unbagged in the blue recycle cart. Learn how to recycle right.
- Carts should be placed at the curb after 6 p.m. the night before your pickup day and should be retrieved from the curb by midnight on your pickup day.
Find your pick-up day
Have extra trash?