Residents will find plenty of ways to provide feedback on City budget
Published on August 12, 2022
The city manager has presented the proposed budget to the City Council, and we want to hear from you about the recommended changes for this year’s budget. Community engagement is important to the City staff and elected officials all year, but it is especially important when we are deciding how to spend money in the coming budget. Join us at one of our budget meetings to learn more about the 2023 proposed budget and provide your feedback.
A series of community engagement meetings will be held at geographically dispersed locations across Fort Worth.
The dates and locations of these meetings are:
All in-person meetings begin at 6 p.m. and will include an educational and informative budget presentation. The mix of meeting styles includes Budget Engagement Meetings, shown in blue above, where participants can interact and discuss key, proposed components of departmental budgets with representatives, then participate in a Q&A session with City leadership. Additionally, there will be Budget Community Conversations (shown in green above) where attendees can share thoughts on the proposed budget and ask questions by participating in a conversation circle. Several of the meetings will have live, Spanish-language translation.
Other ways to engage
Residents who may want to engage in ways other than in-person meetings have opportunities as well:
- The interactive ThoughtExchange platform will allow residents to digitally share their thoughts and opinions on the proposed budget and in a variety of languages.
- Comments can be submitted through an online comment form. The MyFW app has a link to the online comment form.
- Send an email.
- Call the City of Fort Worth Call Center at 817-392-1234. Call center staff will note comments in English or Spanish.
Residents can also provide comments to the City Council during meetings scheduled at City Hall, 200 Texas St.:
- Public comment meeting, Tuesday, Aug. 16, 6 p.m.
- Public hearing on City budget, Tuesday, Sept. 13, 6 p.m.
- Public hearing on tax revenue increase, Tuesday, Sept. 27, 10 a.m.
View more details on the City’s budget webpage.
The City Council is scheduled to vote on adopting the budget and the tax rate at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 27, at City Hall.
Get articles like this in your inbox. Subscribe to City News.