Summer Creek Drive and Southside IV Flow Transfer Station
- Project typeWater and Wastewater Improvements
- Project value$2,700,000
The Summer Creek Drive and Southside IV Flow Transfer Station capital improvement project includes a transfer station and pipe improvements.
This project area is bound by Cookstown Lane to the north, Summer Creek Drive to the east, Fogata Lane to the south, and Cavanna Drive and Chisholm Trail Parkway to the west. Summer Creek Middle School is three blocks to the north of Cookstown.
The purpose of the transfer station will be to maintain water quality in the developing Southside IV pressure plane as well as support the operation of the new Southside IV Booster Pump Station. The project will also transition parts of the Panther Heights neighborhood association area and McPherson Village development to the Southside IV pressure plane. Areas transitioned to the new pressure plane will see an increase in water pressure.
The proposed Southside IV and Southside III flow transfer station will be located in the Summer Creek Drive right-of-way, in a 31-foot by 35 -foot area east of Fogata Lane.
New water pipe and connections will be added to existing water lines on Summer Creek Drive to improve water pressure.
- Fogata Lane from the east dead end to 150 feet east (proposed 8-inch in diameter water line);
- Summer Creek Drive right-of-way from Posada Lane to 350 feet north to the Oncor right-of-way (proposed 12-inch in diameter water line);
- Summer Creek Drive right-of-way from Fogata Lane to 650 feet north to Posada Lane (proposed 12-inch in diameter water line);
- Rancho Verde Parkway from Jameson Lane to 150 feet east (proposed 8-inch in diameter water line);
- Cavanna Drive from the north end of the street to 170 feet north through the Oncor right-of-way (proposed 8-inch in diameter water line).
This capital improvement project is in Fort Worth Council District 6. Construction will impact the Panther Heights neighborhood association and homes being built in the project area.
** Fort Worth Water is hosting an in-person community construction meeting for this project at 6 p.m. on Monday, January 22, 2024 at the Chisholm Trail Community Center located at 4936 McPherson Boulevard. ***
Posada Drive at Summer Creek Drive, Fort Worth 76036 View Map