The city’s Healthy Challenge Cash Payout is based on a point system. Participants earn points throughout the year for completing certain program activities, and participants can redeem these points at the end of the year for a cash reward. While employees are eligible for cash payouts, spouses are not. The deadline to earn points for the Healthy Challenge Cash Payout is Dec. 15 of every year, with the payout distributed in January of the following year.
By participating in the program, individuals can earn $150 (15,000 points), $200 (25,000 points), or $250 (40,000 points) by earning a specific amount of points.
To qualify for the Healthy Challenge Wellness Program, employees, retirees, or surviving spouses must first complete the four requirements listed above: the Member Health Assessment (MHA), the Tobacco Affidavit/Tobacco Cessation Program (TOB), receiving a physical and completing the Physician Screening form (PSF), and completing a preventive screening. These activities earn a participant an initial 5,000 points.
Read more details in the Wellness Guide about the program and earning points.(PDF, 4MB)
After a participant’s initial 5,000 points have been earned, additional points can be earned by completing various activities, both onsite and through the VirginPulse online portal.
- Biometric Screening (Required): 1000 points
- Member Health Assessment (Required): 1000 points
- Tobacco Affidavit or Reasonable Alternative (Required): 1000 points
- Preventive Screening (Required): 1000 points
- COVID-19 Vaccine (2 doses): 1000 points
- Complete a Fitness Class (400 points each, monthly)
- Complete 5,000 Steps a Day (50 points each, daily)
- Complete a Coaching Appointment (250 points each, monthly)
- Participate in Blood Drive (250 points each)
- Complete an Annual Event (250 points)
- Weight Loss Program (500 points)
- Complete Annual Walk/Run (250 points)
Program Goal for cash payout: 15,000, 25,000 or 40,000 points
Healthy habits classes
Fitness and lifestyle classes are offered by the Healthy Challenge Wellness Program to all employees, retirees and spouses at no cost. Participation will also earn points toward the Healthy Challenge Cash Payout.
Current classes include Fitcamp, Zumba, Full Body Fitness, Total Body Blast, and Yoga. Financial Fitness workshops and classes on managing diabetes are also regularly available. Upcoming Wellness activities can be viewed on the Wellness calendar.
Employees can also earn Wellness Bucks if they’re caught by doing something healthy. These Wellness bucks can be cashed in at the Wellness Store in exchange for products like mugs, T-shirts, stress balls, and other items. Contact the Wellness office at 817-392-2623 for more details.